- Mon / Fri / Sat
- 9.00am - 5.30pm
- Tue / Wed / Thur
- 9.00am - 8.30pm
- Sales01772 722468
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 2nd Gen
Second generation 2 in / 4 out USB 2.0 Audio interface with two Scarlett Mic/Instrument preamplifiers, 24bit/192kHz, USB Bus Power. Pro Tools | First & Ableton Live Lite recording software, plug-ins and samples included. Mac & PC compatible.
Record High Quality Multi-Track Audio and MIDI With The Scarlett 2i4 2nd Gen
The second generation Scarlett 2i4 is Focusrite's most versatile USB-powered audio interface, ideal for anyone needing a cue mix for performing or recording. It is compact yet flexible, with two natural-sounding Scarlett mic pre-amps, super-low latency*, MIDI i/o, four analogue outputs and the same class-leading sound quality and digital conversion as the rest of the latest Scarlett range. Take it anywhere, connect by a single USB cable, plug two microphones or instruments straight in, and easily record studio quality audio against a cue mix. Focusrite is the perfect partner for Pro Tools, and to celebrate this Scarlett 2i4 now comes with an exclusive version of Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack, as well as Ableton Live Lite. It is also compatible with all other major DAWs, on Mac and PC.
*Super-low round trip latency was measured at 2.74ms, working at 96kHz with a 32 samples buffer on Logic Pro X, running on a Mac Pro and OS 10.11
Bundled With Free Software
Focusrite interfaces are synonymous for being bundled with Ableton Live Lite which is a great recording and performance software bundle for anyone getting into recording and production. However the new Scarlett 2i4 2nd generation interfaces come complete with a huge free bundle of software. This package includes:
- Ableton Live Lite
- Includes Pro Tools | First - Focusrite Creative Pack
- Time and Tone Softube Plugins
- Red 2&3 Plug-in Suite
- 1 GB of Loopmasters sounds and samples
- Novation Bass Station VST and AU plug-in synthesiser
Combined with all the free software, the recording potential of the Scarlett 2i4 2nd Gen is simply huge. High quality audio mixed with super high quality audio processing helps create professional results in your own environment.
The Ins and Outs of the 2i4 2nd Gen
With Scarlett 2i4 your recordings will sound just how you want them. Two combination inputs with natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps, line level inputs and newly-designed instrument inputs let you record anything you want. The four analogue outputs and MIDI I/O make the Scarlett 2i4 ideal for the modern music producer using outboard synths or performing live. Use the 1/4 inch balanced jack outputs to connect to professional studio monitors, or the four RCA outputs to connect to a home speaker system or DJ mixer.
Scarlett 2i4 1st Gen Vs 2nd Gen
The second generation Scarlett range is packed full of upgrades. New super-low latency* will bring confidence to your performance, letting you record and monitor with software effects in real time. New metal gain controls and a sleeker red metal chassis reassure you of its improved industrial design, built to go anywhere. The Scarlett range also now operates at sample rates all the way up to 192kHz, and the input channels have evolved too. The latest Scarlett mic preamp features a more even gain structure, so you can accurately set your levels, and the instrument input has also been completely redesigned so it can handle seriously hot pick-ups. Finally, Focusrite have provided analogue protection circuitry across both the inputs and the outputs, to guard your interface against unwanted power surges.
Record When Inspiration Hits
The Scarlett 2i4 2nd Gen is USB buss powered. This means there is no external power supply required. The interface is powered directly using the supplied USB cable when connected to a device such as a laptop. This portability allows you to record when inspiration strikes no matter where you are.
- Two natural-sounding Scarlett mic preamps with plenty of even gain
- Class-leading conversion and sample rates up to 192kHz / 24 bit
- Super-low latency* for using your plug-ins in real time without the need for DSP
- Cue mix switching, with four analogue outputs
- One headphones output with gain control
- MIDI I/O connectivity, ideal for sending/receiving MIDI notes from a Stage Piano
- Compact and tough enough to take anywhere
- Powered by USB so you don't need to carry a power cable
- Includes Pro Tools | First - Focusrite Creative Pack and Ableton Live Lite
- All the additional software and loops you need to start recording
- Scarlett 2i4 (2nd Gen) USB Audio Interface
- USB Cable
- Bundle code for your free software
- Mac OS X Yosemite, El Capitan
- Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows 10
- Scarlett 2i4 (2nd Gen) is class compliant on Mac. Driver will be required for PC.
- Dimensions 4.7cm x 21.0cm x 13.8cm (H x W x D)
- Weight: 0.87kg
- UPC Code: 815301008408
* Super-low roundtrip latency was measured at 2.74ms, working at 96kHz with a 32 samples buffer on Logic Pro X, running on a Mac Pro and OS 10.11