- Mon/ Fri/ Sat
- 9.00am - 5.30pm
- Tue/ Wed/ Thur
- 9.00am - 8.00pm
- Sales01772 722468
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Boss DR-880 Drum Machine
This instrument is discontinued
The Next-Generation Rhythm Machine
The new heavyweight champ of rhythm programming has arrived. The DR-880 is a new-school powerhouse that's loaded with world-class sounds from Roland's famous SRX library, plus a stunning collection of original waveforms. The DR-880's drum, percussion, and bass sounds can be played and programmed as is, or customized with powerful toolssuch as independent compressors and EQs for the kick and snare, and a compressor and selection of COSM® amp models for the bass.
World-Class SoundsA remarkable new collection of top-quality, custom sounds was created for the DR-880. But we didn't stop there; some of the most famous sounds from our renowned SRX library were added to the DR-880's sound-set, as well as electric and synth bass sounds. From rich, sparkling studio drums and deep-dish electronic kits to standard and exotic percussion instruments, a world of rhythm and groove is at your fingertips.
Direct Guitar/Bass Input
Guitar and bass players can join the action by plugging directly into the DR-880's Guitar/Bass Input jack. Guitarists can play through the built-in COSM Drive/Amp models, and multi-effects such as chorus/flanger/phaser, delay, and reverb. For acoustic guitar, the DR-880 offers an Acoustic Processor, chorus, and reverb. For bass players, the compressor/limiter, chorus/flanger/phaser, delay, and COSM® bass amp models will help you cook up extra-tasty bass lines.
You can get microscopic with the DR-880, but you also have the option of taking the simple route with its three EZ Compose buttons on the front panel, which allow original patterns to be constructed without note-by-note programming hassles. Using the Pattern mode, you can select and combine pre-programmed phrase combinations to create new patterns. Press the Chord Progression button to select chord-progression templates. With the Fill-In button, you can select phrases from the Fill-In library, and insert them into the pattern. The library contains a variety of phrases, ranging from simple fills to bombastic breaks.
Play through headphones or route your signal from the DR-880 directly to your choice of recording input or amplification, including outboard guitar amps. Quick output adjustments can be made in the Output Select mode to facilitate proper connection to the outside world. Two individual Outs allow independent output of backing tracks and guitars, or independent output of kick and snare. The DR-880 has two stereo footswitch/controller inputs; a maximum of four footswitches can be connected using stereo 1/4" cables (sold separately). One of the footswitch/controller jacks supports expression pedal input, so you can connect an EV-5 (sold separately) to control guitar volume, or play wah effects. The DR-880 also has a S/PDIF digital out and a USB port for MIDI interfacing and SMF Data import.
Take your grooves even deeper with the Groove Modify feature, which applies various groove and triplet feels to your patterns. Simply select the templates that are included, and inject realistic feels to static patterns. Ghost notes can also be added automatically by selecting the ghost-note phrases that are preset in the DR-880.
The Boss DR-880 Drum Machine Features:
- 440 world-class drum and percussion sounds, 40 bass sounds with COSM bass-amp models
- Three independent insert effects (EQ and compression), TSC (Total Sound Control) featuring 3-band EQ and high-quality ambience
- 1,000 patterns (500 preset, 500 user); easily add fills, ghost notes, chord progressions, and more
- 20 velocity-sensitive pads
- Guitar/bass input, plus multi-effects and COSM amp models
- 100 effect patches (50 Preset, 50 User) for electric, acoustic, and bass guitars
- Four assignable footswitch and expression-pedal inputs
- Digital and individual outputs; USB port for importing SMFs
- Maximum Polyphony
- 32 *Depending on the bass sounds selected, maximum polyphony may be lower
- Drums: 440, Bass: 40
- Preset: 100, User: 100
- Rhythm Patterns
- Preset: 500, User: 500
- User: 100
- Maximum Note Storage
- approx. 30,000 notes
- Per quarter note: 96
- Quarter note: 20 - 260 bpm
- 20 with velocity sensitive
- Custom LCD (with backlight)
- Rear: Master Out L(Mono), R (1/4" phone type), Master Out L, R (RCA pin type), Individual Out A, B (1/4" phone type), Digital Out (coaxial), USB, CTL 1/2 jack(1/4" TRS phone type), CTL 3/4(EXP Pedal) jack (1/4" TRS phone type), MIDI In, Out, AC Adaptor jack
Front: Phones (stereo 1/4" phone type), Guitar/Bass Input (1/4" phone type)
- Power Supply
- AC Adaptor (BOSS BRC series)
- Current Draw
- 600 mA (Max)
- AC Adaptor (BRC series), Owner's Manual, DR-880 Driver CD-ROM
- Foot Switch: FS-5U, FS-6, Expression Pedal: EV-5, Connection Cable: PCS-31 (Roland)
- Size and Weight ( excl. AC adaptor )
- 273 mm
- 10-3/4 inches
- 242 mm
- 9-9/16 inches
- 72 mm
- 2-7/8 inches
- 1.4 kg
- 3 lbs. 2 oz.
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.