- Mon / Fri / Sat
- 9.00am - 5.30pm
- Tue / Wed / Thur
- 9.00am - 8.30pm
- Sales01772 722468
- Email: email@example.com
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Gen
Second generation 18 in / 8 out USB 2.0 Audio interface with four Scarlett Mic preamps, 24bit/192kHz, eight ADAT inputs, four line inputs, two main monitor outputs and two headphone outputs. Recording software included. Mac / PC compatible.
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 2nd Generation USB Audio Interface - 18 In 8 Out
Be Ready For Anything
Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 is ideal for musicians, producers and small bands who want to record audio from a wide range of sources such as drums, guitars, keyboards and vocals simultaneously. Four natural-sounding combination input Scarlett mic preamps, super-low latency* and class-leading sound quality and digital conversion are complemented by a host of additional inputs and outputs; four extra line inputs, digital I/O, two main monitor outputs and two entirely discrete headphone outputs. An ADAT input allows you to expand with eight additional mic preamps for larger recording sessions. Focusrite is the perfect partner for Pro Tools. To that end, Focusrite and Avid will continue to work together to ensure all Scarlett interfaces are thoroughly tested with the latest version of Pro Tools. Scarlett 18i8 is also compatible with all other major DAWs, on Mac and PC.
Where Legends Begin
Pro Tools | First allows users access to one of the most popular Audio Recording/Editing softwares within the Music Industry. With many of the same tools used by the Pros, you can be sure that Pro Tools | First offers everything that you need to create high quality recordings straight out of the box - absolutely free. Pro Tools | First is simple enough for beginners, yet sophisticated for experienced musicians, enabling you to quickly compose, record, edit, and mix music. Entry to the industry's most trusted audio workstation has never been easier.
Users are greeted with an easy-to-use interface with a selection of session templates available from the outset. This allows Musicians to begin recording with a number of preloaded instrument tracks to produce music within a variety of different genres. No matter what your musical background, Pro Tools | First opens up the ability for anyone to turn ideas in your head into fully realised songs.
Also included with the software, is a number of VLS plug-ins that generate instrument sounds - anything from beats and loops, to guitars, bass, and more cowbell. These VLS plug-ins allow you to compose your own music without any external instruments. Simply use the provided interfaces within Pro Tools | First to edit MIDI, correct pitch inconsistencies and program synthesisers and orchestral instruments.
Once you have finalised your song, you can take things a step further with the 20 effects, sound processors, and utility plug-ins to clean up your mix and export a final, mastered product; ready to release online and show the world what you are capable of.
18i8 - 18 In/ 8 Out
Four combi inputs with Scarlett mic preamps and two newly-designed high headroom instrument inputs let you record any combination of instruments or vocals together. Connect your synths, keyboards or mixers into four additional line inputs on the rear panel, and connect any equipment with digital I/O to the SPDIF inputs to record ten simultaneous channels. Connect an OctoPre via ADAT, expanding to 12 mic preamps and 16 analogue inputs. Two discrete headphone outputs let you send separate headphone mixes to two artists, or an engineer and artist, while two balanced jack outputs let you connect to your professional studio monitors. With further MIDI connectivity, you can also integrate your favourite hardware synths with your DAW.
New Generation - Better in every way
The second generation Scarlett range is packed full of upgrades. New super-low latency* will bring confidence to your performance, letting you record and monitor with software effects in real time. New metal gain controls and a sleeker red metal chassis underscore its improved industrial design, built to go anywhere. The Scarlett range also now operates at sample rates all the way up to 192kHz, and the input channels have evolved too. The latest Scarlett mic preamp features a more even gain structure, so you can accurately set your levels, and the instrument input has also been completely redesigned with greater headroom to handle seriously hot guitar pick-ups. Finally, Focusrite have provided analogue protection circuitry across both the inputs and the outputs, to guard your interface against unwanted power surges.
Intuitive Mix Control, Red plug-ins and more
The included 'Focusrite Control' is a brand new software mixer for easy configuration of monitoring and routing setups. Simple and intuitive to use, Focusrite Control offers a traditional mixer workflow and allows immediate access to internal hardware functions. Also included are the software and effects you need; an exclusive version of Pro Tools | First - Focusrite Creative Pack (featuring 12 additional plug-ins including the Eleven Lite for real life guitar amp emulations), Ableton Live Lite, the Softube Time and Tone Bundle, Focusrite's Red Plug-In Suite, 2GB of Loopmasters samples and more.
* Super-low roundtrip latency was measured at 2.74ms, working at 96kHz with a 32 samples buffer on Logic Pro X, running on a Mac Pro and OS 10.11
- Eight analogue inputs, including four Scarlett mic preamps with plenty of even gain
- Two newly-designed instrument inputs, now with increased headroom
- Class-leading digital conversion at up to 24-bit / 192kHz
- Super-low latency* lets you perform and produce using effects in real time, with no need for DSP
- Two independent balanced analogue outputs for connecting studio monitors
- Two discrete headphone outputs with dedicated volume controls
- Expand up to eight additional analogue inputs via ADAT
- Focusrite Control software to easily configure your monitoring and routing setups
- Includes Pro Tools | First - Focusrite Creative Pack and Ableton Live Lite
- All the additional software and loops you need to record
- Use it with all major DAWs on Mac and PC
- MIDI I/O connectivity, ideal for sending/receiving MIDI
- Stereo S/PDIF In and Out for connecting other digital devices
In The Box
- Scarlett 18i8 (2nd Gen) USB Audio Interface
- USB Cable
- Power Supply
- Bundle code for your free software
- Focusrite Control - Routing and monitoring application
- Red 2 & 3 Plug-in Suite
- Softube Time & Tone Pack
- Pro Tools First | First Focusrite Creative Pack
- Ableton Live Lite music making software
- 2 GB of Loopmasters sounds and samples
- Novation Bass Station VST and AU plug-in synthesiser
- Mac OS X Yosemite, El Capitan
- Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows 10
- Scarlett 18i8 (2nd Gen) is class compliant on Mac. Driver will be required for PC.
- Dimensions: 6.6cm x 19.2cm x 22.9cm (H x W x D)
- UPC CODE: 815301008453