- Mon / Fri / Sat
- 9.00am - 5.30pm
- Tue / Wed / Thur
- 9.00am - 5-30pm
No late nights for Xmas period
- Sales01772 722468
- Email: [email protected]
Fender Classic 50s Esquire Telecaster Sunburst Maple Neck
One of the most sought after instruments in the Telecaster range, the Fender Classic 50s Esquire Telecaster is a tonal sensation. In 2 Colour Sunburst with a Maple neck.
The Esquire is one of the most sought-after instruments in Fenders entire family of Telecaster guitars. Introduced in 1950, its unique circuitry and biting bridge pickup created a tonal sensation. It later became the weapon of choice for greats including Jeff Beck and Bruce Springsteen, and has re-emerged time and again in the hands of many other great players.
The Fender Classic 50s Esquire Telecaster features an ash body, a C-shaped maple neck, a vintage-style three-saddle string-through-body Telecaster bridge, and a vintage-style single-coil Telecaster pickup with custom-wired three-way switching.
Three-way switching on a single-pickup guitar gives you three preset tones. In the bridge position, the pickup is connected only to the volume control (the tone control is disconnected); this minimal circuitry produces more top-end sparkle than is possible with a Telecaster. In the middle position, the standard tone control circuit is activated. In the neck position, the tone control is again disengaged, but a tone-shaping capacitor rolls off much of the top end and some bottom, producing a darker tone and slight volume loss.
NOTICE REGARDING USE OF HISTORIC PATENT NUMBERS/MARKINGS: FENDER is proud to offer some of the most iconic musical instruments and amplifiers of the past 60 years. Some FENDER products are intentional recreations or reissues of vintage guitars and amplifiers, and may therefore incorporate markings or text associated with original patents that have since expired. Specific examples of such models include patent numbers on the tremolo plates and decals of the JAGUAR® and JAZZMASTER® guitars, "Pat Pending" on some vintage TELECASTER® guitar bridge plates, and "Design and Circuits Patented" language on the control panels of certain model amplifiers in FENDER Vintage Modified, Vintage Reissue and Custom lines. Such markings are included only for the sake of historical accuracy, and are not intended to denote or imply live patents or ongoing patent protection.
The Fender Classic 50s Esquire Telecaster Sunburst Maple Neck Features:
- Body: Ash
- Neck: 1-Piece Maple, C Shape, (Gloss Polyurethane Finish)
- Fingerboard: Maple, 7.25" Radius (184mm)
- No. of Frets: 21 Vintage Style Frets
- Pickups: 1 Vintage Style Single-Coil Tele Pickup with Alnico Magnets (Bridge)
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: Custom-Wired 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Volume Control, (Dark Vintage Circuit), No Tone Control, Position 2. Volume Control with Cap. and Tone Control with Cap, Position 3. Volume Control Only No Cap. , No Tone Control
- Bridge: Vintage Style 3-Saddle Strings-Thru-Body Tele Bridge
- Machine Heads: Fender/Ping Vintage Style Tuning Machines
- Hardware: Chrome
- Pickguard: 1-Ply White
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Width at Nut: 1.625" (41.2 mm)
- Unique Features: C Shape Maple Neck, Knurled Chrome Knobs
- Includes Deluxe Gig Bag