- Mon / Fri / Sat
- 9.00am - 5.30pm
- Tue / Wed / Thur
- 9.00am - 5-30pm
No late nights for Xmas period
- Sales01772 722468
- Email: [email protected]
Fender Classic 50s Esquire Telecaster Black Maple Neck
Historically used by such greats as Jeff Beck and Bruce Springsteen, the Esquire Telecaster has long been a hit, and now Fender have reissued it! In Black finish with a Maple neck.
The Esquire is one of the most sought-after instruments in Fenders entire family of Telecaster guitars. Introduced in 1950, its unique circuitry and biting bridge pickup created a tonal sensation. It later became the weapon of choice for greats including Jeff Beck and Bruce Springsteen, and has re-emerged time and again in the hands of many other great players.
The Fender Classic 50s Esquire Telecaster features an ash body, a C-shaped maple neck, a vintage-style three-saddle string-through-body Telecaster bridge, and a vintage-style single-coil Telecaster pickup with custom-wired three-way switching.
Three-way switching on a single-pickup guitar gives you three preset tones. In the bridge position, the pickup is connected only to the volume control (the tone control is disconnected); this minimal circuitry produces more top-end sparkle than is possible with a Telecaster. In the middle position, the standard tone control circuit is activated. In the neck position, the tone control is again disengaged, but a tone-shaping capacitor rolls off much of the top end and some bottom, producing a darker tone and slight volume loss.
The Fender Classic 50s Esquire Telecaster Black Maple Neck Features:
- Body: Ash
- Neck: 1-Piece Maple, C Shape, (Gloss Polyurethane Finish)
- Fingerboard: Maple, 7.25" Radius (184mm)
- No. of Frets: 21 Vintage Style Frets
- Pickups: 1 Vintage Style Single-Coil Tele Pickup with Alnico Magnets (Bridge)
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: Custom-Wired 3-Position Blade: Position 1. Volume Control, (Dark Vintage Circuit), No Tone Control, Position 2. Volume Control with Cap. and Tone Control with Cap, Position 3. Volume Control Only No Cap. , No Tone Control
- Bridge: Vintage Style 3-Saddle Strings-Thru-Body Tele Bridge
- Machine Heads: Fender/Ping Vintage Style Tuning Machines
- Hardware: Chrome
- Pickguard: 1-Ply White
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Width at Nut: 1.625" (41.2 mm)
- Unique Features: C Shape Maple Neck, Knurled Chrome Knobs
- Includes Deluxe Gig Bag