- Mon / Fri / Sat
- 9.00am - 5.30pm
- Tue / Wed / Thur
- 9.00am - 8.30pm
- Sales01772 722468
- Email: [email protected]
Boss ME80 Guitar Multi Effects Pedal
£249.00 RRP £275
1 In Stock
Guitar Multi Effects Pedal with 8 switches and expression Pedal
Boss ME-80 Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal
- Compact and powerful floor multi-effects with a simple knob-based interface
- Eight simultaneous effects categories, each with multiple effects types
- Dial up tones with the ease of using your favorite stompboxes
- Includes a massive selection of top-quality effects, from classic BOSS stomps to the latest MDP effects
- Updated flagship-level COSM amps derived from the GT-100
- Eight multifunction footswitches and expression pedal
- Manual mode for stompbox-style on/off; Memory mode for switching complete patch setups
- Delay section includes Phrase Loop function with 38 seconds of recording
- Runs on six AA batteries or optional PSA-series AC adapter
- USB audio/MIDI interface built in
- Free BOSS TONE STUDIO software allows you to edit and organize tones on your computer, and also preview and download free patches directly from the BOSS TONE CENTRAL website
A Huge Selection of BOSS Effects in One Pedal
No matter what style you play, it's easy to craft your own personal sound with the ME-80's wide range of built-in effects. A complete history of gig-ready BOSS tone processing is at your command, from multiple overdrives and distortions to wahs, mod effects, pitch shifters, delays, and beyond. BOSS' groundbreaking Multi Dimensional Processing (MDP) technology is represented with the unique, spacious ambience of Tera Echo and the distinctive tone-shaping possibilities of Overtone. Updated COSM preamps include new additions such as Crunch and Metal, plus an AC preamp designed for acoustic/electric guitar. The onboard expression pedal can be used for foot volume and pedal effects like wah, octave shift, and Freeze, and it's also possible to control effects parameters such as mod rate, delay oscillation, and more for expressive real-time sound shaping.
Instant Gratification with Dedicated Knobs
Unlike typical menu-driven multi-effects processors that are complicated and unintuitive, using the ME-80 is as easy as using a stompbox. Effects are organized into eight logical categories that can all be active at the same time. Seven categories contain multiple effects types to choose from, plus dedicated knobs for selecting a type and adjusting it with a set of parameters you'd find in the pedal version of the effect. The Pedal FX category has its own knob for quickly assigning a particular effects type or function to be controlled by foot with the expression pedal. With this familiar and friendly interface, you're able to dial up and play great tones instantly, just like using a large pedalboard filled with your favorite stomps. But a major advantage over that pedalboard is that you can to save all the current knob settings to one of the ME-80's 36 user patch locations, allowing you to recall custom effects configurations at the touch of a pedal.
Stompbox Immediacy or Multi-FX Power, You Decide!
The hands-on experience that stompbox control provides is perfect for tweaking tones as you go. However, there are times when switching among an entire group of preset effects is more efficient, such as when you've set up complex tones for different songs. The flexible ME-80 supports either approach, giving you the best of worlds. In Manual mode, the categories function like individual stomp effects, with instant adjustment via the panel knobs and on/off control with dedicated footswitches. By entering Memory mode, seven footswitches are automatically reconfigured to select user or preset patches and patch banks, letting you recall complete multi-effects setups directly. One footswitch on the ME-80 is dedicated just for mode switching, so you can toggle between Manual and Memory modes any time you want, even in the middle of a song.
New Footswitch Design Delivers Twice the Control
The ME-80 offers easy usability while performing, with eight multifunction footswitches for direct control of effects on/off, bank/patch selection, and mode switching, plus convenient access to alternate functions such as tap tempo, tuner, looper control, and more. A special control (CTL) function is also assignable in each patch, letting you toggle grouped effects on/off or adjust a specified parameter in real time. The newly developed footswitch style provides two switches in the space occupied by one in previous designs, allowing BOSS to equip the ME-80 with a generous array of foot-operated controls while keeping the unit extremely compact and mobile. In addition to the eight main footswitches, the expression pedal is equipped with an integrated toe switch that toggles between foot volume and the current Pedal FX setting.
USB Audio/MIDI Interface Built In
Via USB, you can connect to your computer and capture the output of the ME-80 directly into your favorite DAW to record pro tones with COSM preamps and effects. It's also possible to monitor the ME-80's effects sound while recording an unprocessed signal into a DAW track. MIDI transfer over USB is also supported, allowing you to select ME-80 patches from your computer, send expression and control pedal data into your software, and swap patches via BOSS TONE STUDIO.
Edit and Organize Tones and Connect to the Web with BOSS TONE STUDIO
Available as a free download, the BOSS TONE STUDIO application provides an inviting graphical interface for tweaking the ME-80's effects from your Mac or Windows computer through USB. The software makes it easy to save, edit, and organize your patches, and to load them into the ME-80 as needed for different gigs and other applications. If your computer has Internet access, BOSS TONE STUDIO also provides an integrated connection to the BOSS TONE CENTRAL website, allowing you to preview and download gig-ready patches created by top guitar pros directly into your ME-80! In addition to expanding your palette of tones, these free patches provide solid foundations for creating your own patches with the ME-80's extensive array of effects.
The Boss ME-80 Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal Features:
- Manufacturer: Boss
- Model: ME-80 Guitar Multiple Effects Pedal
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 70 x 447 x 231 mm
- Weight: 3.6kg
- 24 bits + AF method
- AF method (Adaptive Focus method) (This is a proprietary method from Roland & BOSS that vastly improves the signal-to-noise (SN) ratio of the AD and DA converters).
- DA Conversion: 24 bits
- Sampling Frequency 44.1 kHz
- Patches 36 (User) + 36 (Preset)
- Pedal switch x 8
- Expression pedal x 1
- GUITAR INPUT: -10 dBu
- AUX IN: -20 dBu
- GUITAR INPUT: 1 M ohm
- AUX IN: 27 k ohms
- Gt. AMP OUTPUT L/MONO, R: -10 dBu
- REC OUT/PHONES: -10 dBu
- Gt. AMP OUTPUT L/MONO, R: 2 k ohms
- REC OUT/PHONES: 44 ohms
- Gt. AMP OUTPUT L/MONO, R: 10 k ohms or greater
- REC OUT/PHONES: 16 ohms or greater
- GUITAR INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- Gt. AMP OUTPUT: L/MONO, R jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- REC OUT/PHONES jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- AUX IN jack: Stereo miniature phone type
- USB COMPUTER port: USB type B
- DC IN jack
- Display: 7 segments, 2 digits LED
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 6
- Carbon-zinc battery (AA, R6) x 6
- AC adaptor
- Current Draw: 200 mA
- Alkaline: Approx. 7 hours
- Carbon: Approx. 2 hours (These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use).
- Owner's Manual
- Alkaline battery (AA, LR6) x 6
- Read Me First" Leaflet
- Option (sold separately): AC adaptor: PSA series